Every pupil is expected to wear school uniform. Having a uniform contributes towards the tone of the school and good order. The school has a “jumper shop” selling excellent quality jumpers/cardigans embroidered with the school logo and school ties. Other suppliers in Blackwood also sell school uniform. The school uniform is as follows:
|Black school trousers – No jeans, leggings or jeggings /Plain black skirt (knee length) /|
|White shirt/blouse (tucked in)|
|School tie – clip on|
|Black v-necked school jumper/cardigan with logo|
|Flat black shoes – no trainers, daps or boots|
|Black/white socks (no trainer or ankle socks)/black tights|
|Suitable black or navy coat or school hooded top (names can be printed on the back but no nicknames) – No denim or leather coats/jackets|
- No jewellery is allowed which includes no facial, body and tongue piercings including plastic earrings/stretchers. Pupils can wear a wristwatch.
- Inappropriate hairstyles for example tramlines or extreme hair colouring will not be tolerated and could lead to exclusion. Hair must be clean and dressed to keep it out of eyes and off faces.
- No tattoos.
- Trainers are not allowed except for PE lessons.
- Mobile phones and other expensive possessions such as MP3 players and iPods are not allowed in school. If any of these items are confiscated parents will be asked to come to school to collect them. All valuables should be kept at home as the school will not accept responsibility for loss, theft or damage to these items.
- Parents need to provide a note for their child should they not for any particular reason be able to wear uniform. Pupils who do not wear the correct uniform to school will be sent home to change or kept in isolation.
Essential equipment for Physical Education
White games top School rugby jersey
Black games shorts Black rugby shorts
Black hockey socks Black rugby socks
White netball socks Black polo shirt
Black netball skort (optional) Black games shorts